Question on Target initiated negotiations...

Bob Snively Bob.Snively at Eng.Sun.COM
Fri Jun 2 08:44:41 PDT 1995

Rick,

It is a reasonable assumption except for some
legacy environments, particularly:

1)	the wide drive installed on an older narrow host adapter
	that does not handle drive-initiated negotiation very well.

2)	a legacy wide host adapter that does not handle drive-initiated
	negotiation very well, of which I would bet there are more than one.

I would recommend you continue to default to "off", allowing
mode select, a jumper, or special orders to default to "on".