X3T10 Meeting Reminder -- Dallas, TX -- January 8-12, 1996

Lohmeyer, John JLOHMEYE at cosmpdaero.ftcollinsco.ncr.com
Fri Dec 1 10:18:00 PST 1995

                             Meeting Announcement
                    Accredited Standards Committee Meetings
                                (X3T10 and SFF)

                             January 8 - 12, 1996

HOSTED BY:         Quantum Corporation

LOCATION:          Doubletree Hotel at Park West
                   1590 LBJ Freeway
                   Dallas, TX 75234
                   Phone:  (214) 869-4300
                   Fax:  (214) 869-3295

ROOM RATE:         $105.00 + Tax

GROUP NAME:        X3T10

CUT-OFF DATE:      December 16, 1995
  <---------------------------------------

DRIVING DIRECTIONS:   Dallas/Ft. Worth International Airport:

Exit the DFW International Airport at the North exit.  Follow I-635 (LBJ
Freeway) East to Luna Road, about 8 miles.  Exit Luna Road, the Doubletree
Hotel  at Park West is to the immediate right.

Arriving guests receive complimentary transportation from DFW International
Airport to the hotel via Super Shuttle. Departing guests may sign up for
daily
return transportation to DFW International Airport at the hotel Bell desk.
The hourly departure can accommodate up to 11 guests.

WEATHER:                Cold and Wet

HOST CONTACT:           James McGrath (408) 894-4504
                        internet:     JMcGrath at qntm.com
  or
                        Mary Turco    (408) 324-7201
                        internet:     mturco at qntm.com

**

                         X3T10 January '96 Meeting Map
                               (11/9/95 Version)

Monday 1/8         9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
                   +===========================================+
                   +===============+===============+-----------+---+
                   +---------------+---------------+---------------+
                   | IEEE P1394                    |                  (20)
                   +-------------------------------+

Tuesday 1/9        9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8
                   +===========================================+
                   +===============+===================+=======+
                   +===============+===============+===+
                   +---------------+---------------+
                   | SCC/RAB WG    | RAB           |                  (20)
                   +---------------+---------------+

Wednesday 1/10     9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8
                   +===========================================+
                   +===============+===================+=======+
                   +===============+===================+
                   +---------------+-------------------+
                   | RAB                               |              (??)
                   +-----------------------------------+

Thursday 1/11      9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
                   +---------------+===============================+
                   |  SFF          | X3T10 Plenary                 |
 (40/70)
                   +===============+===============================+
                   +===============+
                   | SCSI IA       |        ???                       (40)
                   +---------------+

Friday 1/12    8   9   10  11  12  1   2   3   4   5
                 +-----------------------+
                 | SCSI IA               |  ???                       (40)
                 +-----------------------+

    Meetings marked with == are X3T10-authorized meetings.
    Meetings marked with -- are authorized by other groups and may change
    without notice.
    ??? The SCSI IA meeting day is to be determined.

Meeting Map Abbreviation Key:
1394TA:           1394 Trade Association
ATA:              AT Attachment (a.k.a. IDE)
ATA-2:            ATA Extensions
ATA-3:            Third Generation ATA
ATAPI:            ATA Packet Interface
CAM:              Common Access Method
CAM-3:            Next generation CAM for SCSI-3 (was called CAM-2)
EPI:              SCSI Enhanced Parallel Interface (Technical Report)
Fast-20:          Synchronous Data Transfer at 20 Megatransfers/second
FC-AL:            Fibre Channel - Arbitrated Loop (an X3T11 project)
FCLC:             Fibre Channel Loop Community (not an X3 activity)
I/F:              Interface
High Avail.:      High Availability
LB:               Letter Ballot
MMC:              SCSI-3 Multimedia Commands (CD-ROM)
P1394:            IEEE Project on High Performance Serial Bus (not an X3
                  activity)
PH:               Physical (Connectors, Cables, Transceivers, etc.)
Plenary:          Full Committee Meeting
RAB:              RAID Advisory Board (not an X3 activity)
RAID:             Redundant Array of Independent Devices
SBP:              SCSI-3 Serial Bus Protocol
SCC:              SCSI-3 Controller Commands (RAID)
SCSI:             Small Computer System Interface
SCSI IA:          SCSI Industry Association (or whatever it will be called)
SFF:              SFF Industry Group (not an X3 activity)
SG:               Study Group
SMC:              SCSI-3 Medium Changer Commands
SPI-2:            Second Generation SCSI-3 Parallel Interface
SSA:              Serial Storage Interface
SSC:              SCSI-3 Stream Commands (includes Tape)
Stor:             Storage
UIG:              User Interest Group (not an X3 activity)
VHDCI             Very High Density Cabled Interconnect
WG:               Working Group (same as Ad Hoc Group)
X3T10:            Lower Level Interfaces Technical Committee (was X3T9.2)
X3T10.1:          SSA Task Group of X3T10 (was X3T9.7)