Minutes of X3T10 SCC WG Meeting - 9/13/94

John Lohmeyer jlohmeye at ncr-mpd.FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
Wed Sep 21 08:34:39 PDT 1994

Accredited Standards Committee
X3, Information Processing Systems
                                                 Doc. No.: X3T10/94-183r0
                                                     Date: Sept 13, 1994
                                                  Project: 1047D
                                                Ref. Doc.:
                                                 Reply to: G. Penokie

To:       Membership of X3T10

From:     George Penokie

Subject:  Minutes of X3T10 SCC Working Group Meeting -September 13, 1994


1. Opening Remarks
2. Attendance and Membership
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Report on last RAID Working Group
5. Update on proposed working draft
6. SCSI-3 Storage Array Tutorial (Penokie)
7. Action Items
8. Meeting Schedule
9. Adjournment

Results of Meeting

1.      Opening Remarks

George Penokie convened the meeting at 9:00 am, Tuesday,September 13, 1994.
He thanked Bill Galloway of Compaq for hosting the meeting.

This is a joint meeting of the X3T10 SCSI Controller Commands working group
and the RAB Host Interface working group.  The purpose of the group is to
deal with interface issues related to using RAIDs.  The study group will
assess the issues and then formulate a strategy for dealing with them.

As is customary, the people attending introduced themselves.  A copy of the
attendance list was circulated for attendance and corrections.

It was stated that the meeting had been authorized by X3T10 and would be
conducted under the X3 rules.  Working group meetings take no final
actions, but prepare recommendations for approval by the X3T10 task group.
The voting rules for the meeting are those of the parent committee, X3T10.
These rules are:  one vote per company; and any participating company
member may vote.

The minutes of this meeting will be posted to the SCSI BBS and the SCSI
Reflector and will be included in the next committee mailing.

2.      Attendance and Membership

Attendance at working group meetings does not count toward minimum
attendance requirements for X3T10 membership.  Working group meetings are
open to any person or company to attend and to express their opinion on the
subjects being discussed.

RAID Study Group Meeting Attendees

Attendee          Company             Email Address
----------------  ------------------  -------------------------------
Larry Lamers      Adaptec             ljlamers at aol.com
Neil Wanamaker    Amdahl              ntwzo at eng.amdahl.com
Jerry Fredin      AT&T/GIS            jerry fredin at wichitaks.ncr.com
M. Jibbe          AT&T/GIS            mahmoud.jibbe at wichitaks.ncr.com
Bill Galloway     Compaq              billg at bangale.compaq.com
George Scholhamer Compaq              george at bangate.compaq.com
Jim McCarty       Compaq              jmccarty at bangate.compaq.com
Doug Hagerman     DEC                 hagerman at starch.enet.dec.com
Ralph Weber       DEC                 weber at star.enet.dec.com
Bill Dallas       DEC                 dallas at wasted.enet.dec.com
Bill Hutchinson   HP                  hutch at boi.hp.com
Jeff Williams     HP                  jlw at hpdmd48.boi.hp.com
Ruben Yomtoubian  Hitachi             r_yomtov at hitachi.com
George Penokie    IBM                 gop at rchvmp3.vnet.ibm.com
Paul Hodges       IBM                 phodges at vnet.ibm.com
Giles Frazier     IBM                 gjrazier at ausvm6.vnet.ibm.com
Gricell Co        IBM                 gricell at austin.vnet.ibm.com
Larry Grasso      IBM                 lgrasso at ausvm6.vnet.ibm.com
Ron Willingham    IBM                 ronwill at ausvm6.vnet.ibm.com
Gary Brandvold    Iomega              gdbrandv at iomega.com
Ron Roberts       Maxtor              rkrobers at aol.com
Mike Glass        Microsoft           mglass at microsoft.com
Chris Nieves      Micropolis          chris_nieves at microp.com
Jay Neer          Molex               jneer at usa.molex.com
John Lohmeyer     NCR Microelectronics john.lohmyer at hcollinsco.ncr.com
Dick McCormick    Peer Protocols
Gene Milligan     Seagate
Mike Fitzpatrick  Seagate             mike_fitzpatrick at notes.seagate.com
Gerald Houlder    Seagate             gery_houlder at notes.seagate.com
Pat Mercer        SyQuest Technology  74754.1370 at compuserve.com
Duncan Penman     Zadian              penman at netcom.com

3.       Approval of Agenda

The agenda developed at the meeting was approved.

4.      Report on last RAID Working Group

The last working group meeting was held in Keystone, CO.  The minutes of
that meeting have been distributed on the SCSI Reflector.

5.      Update on proposed working draft

The current revision of the SCC working draft is 2.  This revision was
distributed at the meeting.  Copies are available from the SCSI bulletin
board.  Draft 3 of the SCC standard will go out to letter ballot in October.

6.      SCSI-3 Storage Array Tutorial (Penokie)

George presented a tutorial on the SCSI-3 Controller Commands Standard.

7.      Action Items

a)George Penokie to prepare revision 3 of the SCC working draft for the letter

8.      Meeting Schedule

The next meeting is scheduled for 9:00 am - 12:00 noon on November 8, 1994 at
the Hyatt in Palm Springs, CO (619-322-9000).

9.      Adjournment

The meeting was adjourned at 12:00 noon.

More information about the T10 mailing list