Minutes of X3T10 SCC WG Meeting - November 8, 1994

John Lohmeyer jlohmeye at ncr-mpd.FtCollinsCO.NCR.COM
Thu Nov 17 12:42:28 PST 1994

Accredited Standards Committee
X3, Information Processing Systems
                                                 Doc. No.: X3T10/94-225r0
                                                     Date: Nov 08, 1994
                                                  Project: 1047D
                                                Ref. Doc.:
                                                 Reply to: G. Penokie

To:       Membership of X3T10

From:     George Penokie

Subject:  Minutes of X3T10 SCC Working Group Meeting -November 08, 1994


1. Opening Remarks
2. Attendance and Membership
3. Approval of Agenda
4. Resolution of public review comments
5. Action Items
6. Meeting Schedule
7. Adjournment

Results of Meeting

1.      Opening Remarks

George Penokie convened the meeting at 9:00 am, Tuesday, November 08, 1994.
He thanked Jeff Stai of Western Digital for hosting the meeting.

This is a joint meeting of the X3T10 SCSI Controller Commands working group
and the RAB Host Interface working group.  The purpose of the group is to
deal with interface issues related to using RAIDs.  The study group will
assess the issues and then formulate a strategy for dealing with them.

As is customary, the people attending introduced themselves.  A copy of the
attendance list was circulated for attendance and corrections.

It was stated that the meeting had been authorized by X3T10 and would be
conducted under the X3 rules.  Working group meetings take no final
actions, but prepare recommendations for approval by the X3T10 task group.
The voting rules for the meeting are those of the parent committee, X3T10.
These rules are:  one vote per company; and any participating company
member may vote.

The minutes of this meeting will be posted to the SCSI BBS and the SCSI
Reflector and will be included in the next committee mailing.

2.      Attendance and Membership

Attendance at working group meetings does not count toward minimum
attendance requirements for X3T10 membership.  Working group meetings are
open to any person or company to attend and to express their opinion on the
subjects being discussed.

RAID Study Group Meeting Attendees

Attendee          Company             Email Address
----------------  ------------------  -------------------------------
Neil Wanamaker    Amdahl              ntw20 at eng.amdahl.com
Edward Fong       Amdahl              esf10 at eng.amail.amdahl.com
Randy Hall        Array Technology/EMC hall.randy at emc.com
M. Jibbe          AT&T/GIS            mahmoud.jibbe at wichitaks.ncr.com
Bill Dallas       DEC                 dallas at wasted.enet.dec.com
Bill Hutchinson   HP                  hutch at boi.hp.com
George Penokie    IBM                 gop at rchvmp3.vnet.ibm.com
John Baudrexl     Intellistor/Fujitsu baudrexl at intellistor.com
Colin Schaffer    Intellistor/Fujitsu cschaffer at intellistor.com
Gary Brandvold    Iomega              gdbrandv at iomega.com
Lansing Sloan     Lawrence Livermore  lvsloan at llnl.gov
Kim Minuzzo       Lawrence Livermore  minuzzo1 at llnl.gov
Gene Milligan     Seagate
Mike Fitzpatrick  Seagate             mike_fitzpatrick at notes.seagate.com
Bob Snively       Sun Microsystems    bob.snively at sun.com

3.       Approval of Agenda

The agenda developed at the meeting was approved.

4.      Report on last RAID Working Group

The last working group meeting was held in Houston, TX.  The minutes of
that meeting have been distributed on the SCSI Reflector.

5.      Update on proposed working draft

The current revision of the SCC working draft is 3.  This revision was
distributed in the last SCSI mailing and RAB mailing.  It is also available
on the SCSI Bulletin board.

4.      Resolution of public review comments

George reviewed the public review comments.  All IBMs and Seagates comments
were resolved.

7.      Action Items

a)George Penokie to prepare revision 4 of the SCC working draft for
public review.
b)George Penokie will prepare the SCC comment resolution document (94-228).

8.      Meeting Schedule

There will be no more regular scheduled meetings.

9.      Adjournment

The meeting was adjourned at 2:00 pm.

More information about the T10 mailing list