SCSI Download Microcode

jmcgrath at qntm.com jmcgrath at qntm.com
Mon Mar 28 12:38:39 PST 1994

                      Subject:                              Time:  12:30 PM
  OFFICE MEMO         SCSI Download Microcode               Date:  3/28/94

George,

I do not want it to be misunderstood that the Quantum proposal in any way
relates to the current Quantum implementation - it does not.  Indeed, we have
different implementations for different products (and different customers).  I
would be very surprized if that were not true for other companies as well.

My goal is to make a proposal that solves the problem in a standard manner and
is BACKWARD compatible with existing implementations (at least as much as
possible).  i.e. I do not want the new system to incorrectly program an old
drive - ideally it will generate a CHECK CONDITION if the new technique is
attempted.

As usual, the network appears to be flakely - could someone send to the the DEC
reply on the proposal (I did not get a copy).

Jim