Meetings

curtis_stevens at bannet.ptltd.com curtis_stevens at bannet.ptltd.com
Wed Jul 6 19:14:33 PDT 1994

Jim

	It seems that the reflectors are once again being used for
political purposes.  I guess now would be a good time to air my gripe
concerning the location of ATA meetings.  I have not been participating in
the ATA standards meetings because they are almost never held locally.  My
feeling is that by always holding the meetings in the same location you
generate a pseudo standard which represents LOCAL inductry ideas.  Many
drive manufacturers are located in northern california, but to generate
reasonable standard users must also be present.  This applies to the nitty
details and exact wordings of the standard.

Curtis E. Stevens [Curtis_Stevens at BanNet.PTLTD.COM]