QErr bit and Multi-Initiator

Gene Milligan Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Fri Aug 19 07:17:03 PDT 1994

>Are you suggesting that the target should keep track of whether this contingent
>allegiance is a result of "real errors from real I/O processing" verses a unit
>attention, and then perform the QErr function only on "real errors"?  If I
>misread your comments, please correct me.  If I understood you, I disagree.
>Charles Binford

No. Just suggesting the for the QErr function you should keep track of whether
the I/O was in the Task Set prior to the CA.

Gene Milligan
Gene Milligan -- Gene_Milligan at notes.seagate.com
Seagate Technology   -   920 Disc Drive   -   Scotts Valley, CA 95066 USA
Main Phone 408-438-6550   -   Email Problems postmaster at notes.seagate.com
Technical Support: BBS 408-438-8771  Fax 408-438-8137  Voice 408-438-8222

### OGATE Version 8 message trace and attachment information:
### MsgFileName: m:\mgate\outbound\342.MSG
### Org Date:    08-19-94 07:16:42 AM
### From:        Gene Milligan at SEAGATE
### To:          scsi @ wichitaks.ncr.com @ internet
### Subject:     Re: QErr bit and Multi-Initiator