Small but Significant Correction to The X3T10 Minutes.

Bob Snively Bob.Snively at eng.sun.com
Mon Aug 15 22:43:46 PDT 1994

After careful consideration of the intent and capabilities of
the SCA connector, I have placed a single signal called
"Diff Sense" on pin 46 of the connector for differential
devices and "ground" on pin 46 of the connector for single-ended
devices.

The continuous wire connected to pin 46 will be pulled up and
detected as a differential signal by drives with differential
capability.  The installation of any single-ended device on
the connector will automatically pull down the entire line and
disable the differential drivers.  If the backplane is for
single-ended drives only, all pin 46s can be grounded directly.

No auxuliary ground is required.

Three pins now remain reserved.  I have plans for them, which
I will tell you all about soon.

Bob