[T10] FINISH ZONE commands that specify Sequential Or Before Required zones

Joe Breher joe at lingua-data.com
Sun Jun 9 11:21:19 PDT 2019

Hmmm. Seems to me like T13 did a boo-boo.

I could envision a zoned device implementation that has no issue in promptly finishing zones. Why punish the entire world (a word chosen deliberately) for the sins limitations of an implementation that does not optimize for this behavior?

I note that initiators are free to not invoke such an operation, should they consider it to be too lengthy to be of benefit to them.

Joe Breher
Manager,
lingua data, LLC
(478) 2-Breher