[T10] WebEx meeting invitation: 24G SAS Plugfest 4Q18 Call for Interest - January 3, 2018

Michael Koffman Michael.Koffman at wdc.com
Wed Dec 20 15:25:01 PST 2017

FYI

Michael Koffman
Host Interface Support
Western Digital Corporation
michael.koffman at wdc.com<mailto:michael.koffman at wdc.com>
office: 949-672-7670
cell:      949-466-3405

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D19A46.8B602FE0]

From: David So [mailto:dso at scsita.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 3:18 PM
To: plugfests at scsita.org; plugfest2 at scsita.org; plugfest3 at scsita.org; marcom at scsita.org
Cc: Michael Koffman <Michael.Koffman at wdc.com>
Subject: WebEx meeting invitation: 24G SAS Plugfest 4Q18 Call for Interest - January 3, 2018

All,

Thank you to those companies who completed our 24G SAS Plugfest survey in late October.  While the SCSI Trade Association cannot reveal all of the details and results of that survey (as results are to remain anonymous), we can share the following:

  *   There were 16 total survey responses from 14 different companies.
  *   11 of the companies that responded are STA members, and 3 are non-members.
  *   All companies responded that they’d be likely or very likely to participate in a 24G SAS plugfest.
  *   10 companies responded they would be willing to participate in a plugfest as early as either 3Q18 or 4Q18, with other respondents preferring 2Q19.

Based on the above information, we’d like to gauge your interest in a 24G SAS plugfest in 4Q18, with the following stipulations:

  *   Any such plugfest in 4Q18 would most likely not include the full complement of ecosystem vendors that are typical of a “normal” SAS plugfest
  *   Testing would be primarily focused on signal integrity; link up at 22.5G, 12G, and 6G (including SATA); transmitter training; cable/connector testing and verification; and features such as Active PHY Transmitter Adjustment (APTA), FEC, fairness, etc.
  *   Extensive I/O testing, large builds, etc, will NOT be a focus for a 4Q18 plugfest.
  *   A “normal” 24G SAS plugfest would likely follow in approximately 2Q19 with a wider array of companies and ecosystem components.

We’ll be hosting a brief Call For Interest on Wednesday, January 3 at 10:00am PST / 1:00pm EST to review this information and answer any questions you might have regarding a 4Q18 plugfest.  Webex and dial-in info are below.

Thanks,

David

24G SAS Plugfest 4Q18 Call for Interest

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

10:00 am  |  Pacific Standard Time (San Francisco, GMT-08:00)  |  30 mins

Meeting number: 802 011 105

Meeting password: letmein

Add to Calendar<https://scsita.webex.com/scsita/j.php?MTID=m3689c7ddd8cf63a39ff1185f5a260476>

When it's time, join the meeting<https://scsita.webex.com/scsita/j.php?MTID=ma969045eb13377fe6ff0c8424e1b213a>.

Join by phone

Phone: 702-599-4772
Code: 781 407 0288 #

Can't join the meeting?<https://help.webex.com/docs/DOC-5412>

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that this WebEx service allows audio and other information sent during the session to be recorded, which may be discoverable in a legal matter. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to being recorded, discuss your concerns with the host or do not join the session.