[T10] [SPL-4] Query Regarding Scrambling in Packet Mode

Lana Chan lana at cadence.com
Wed Oct 12 12:24:13 PDT 2016

Hello,
I have query regarding the behavior of scrambling in packet mode:

Scrambling in Dword mode :-

*         As per protocol, any primitive transmission in Dword mode happen without scrambling and without advancing the scrambler.

Please refer section 6.8.2 Scrambling while in the SAS dword mode

Scrambling in Packet mode :-

*         As per protocol, any primitive transmission in packet mode happen without scrambling but with advancing the scrambler.

Please refer section 6.8.3 Scrambling while in the SAS packet mode

Query :-
======
- We would like to know what is the reason for advancing the scrambler in packet mode?

Let us know our understanding is correct or not?

Kind Regards
Lana