[T10] Question: when to close an STP connection for a STP target?

Guojian (F) guojian111 at hisilicon.com
Wed Jan 20 00:30:17 PST 2016

Hi,
   We can see an example of STP target closing an connection. But I didn't find any description about the condition of STP target closing an connection. So I want to know when to close an STP connection if the target opened it.
   Most of the expander I have seen won't close the connection after it sent all the frame even through the target opened it. And the connection will be closed by initiator when its max connection timer or max bus inactive timer expired.
   Is this kind of target behavior reasonable?

The example:
[cid:image001.png at 01D1539D.A970AE00]

Thankyou!
Best wishes and Regards!