[T10] Question: About the number of identify

Guojian (F) guojian111 at hisilicon.com
Mon Feb 29 16:53:10 PST 2016

发件人: Guojian (F)
发送时间: 2016年2月26日 15:35
收件人: t10 at t10.org
抄送: Yangjunbin (Jim, HS); zhanggaochuan; Lilinhan (Linkin, Turing); Ningzuolin
主题: Question: About the number of identify

Hi,
We know that identify frame can be sent one or three to the other side after speed negotiation completed.
What I want to know is what is the consideration? Just ensure the other side can receive identify?
Is there any chance that a SAS PHY will miss the first identify frame?
Now I met a issue. When the host send just one identify frame, the HDD will occur receiving identify expired with little probability. This issue will be fixed when the host send three identify frame.

Jason

Attached Picture:
[cid:image001.png at 01D170A8.9DDDA3E0]