[T10] Question: About the number of identify

Guojian (F) guojian111 at hisilicon.com
Thu Feb 25 23:35:03 PST 2016

Hi,
We know that identify frame can be sent one or three to the other side after speed negotiation completed.
What I want to know is what is the consideration? Just ensure the other side can receive identify?
Is there any chance that a SAS PHY will miss the first identify frame?
Now I met a issue. When the host send just one identify frame, the HDD will occur receiving identify expired with little probability. This issue will be fixed when the host send three identify frame.

Jason

Attached Picture:
[cid:image001.png at 01D170A8.9DDDA3E0]