[T10] SSC-5 and inclusion of D_BOPC bit in commands that support IMMED bit

Ballard, Curtis C (HPE Storage) curtis.ballard at hpe.com
Thu Aug 18 13:51:14 PDT 2016

The functionality you are referring to is vendor specific and as such as you have observed is not specified in SSC-5.  You may want to discuss that with the drive vendor. If they wish to contribute that functionality and there is general industry value we could define equivalent functionality in SSC-5 but we wouldn’t be able to document the vendor specific version.

Curtis Ballard
Hewlett Packard Enterprise
SSC-5 Editor