[T10] Comments on incorporation of Tape Stream Mirroring 16-031r7 into SPC-5r11

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 4 11:18:39 PDT 2016

comments inline below offset by <<kdbutt: >>

Kevin D. Butt
SCSI Architect, Tape Firmware, CAMSS
T10 Standards
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/

From:   Dennis Appleyard <dennis.appleyard at oracle.com>
To:     Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>, "Ballard, Curtis C (HP Storage)"
<curtis.ballard at hpe.com>, Darryl Torske <Darryl.Torske at quantum.com>, Kevin
D Butt/Tucson/IBM at IBMUS
Cc:     "'t10 at t10.org'" <t10 at t10.org>
Date:   08/03/2016 18:01
Subject:        Comments on incorporation of Tape Stream Mirroring
16-031r7 into SPC-5r11

Ralph, Kevin and all,

Below are my comments on the incorporation of Tape Stream Mirroring
proposal 16-031r7 into SPC-5r11.

Page 180 - In table 76 second row should be "COPY OPERATION CLOSE"
rather than "COPY OPERATION ABORT"
<<kdbutt: I agree>>

Page 180 - In table 76 row SET TAPE STREAM MIRRORING should reference
"ADC-4 and SSC-5" rather than "ADC-4 or SSC-5"
<<kdbutt: I agree>>

Page 200 - In 5) remove "the" before "RECEIVE COPY STATUS commands"
<<kdbutt: I think it would be better to make commands singular. But, I
agree that either "the" needs removed or "commands" should be "command">>

Page 200 - In 7) remove "the" before "RECEIVE COPY STATUS commands"
<<kdbutt: I think it would be better to make commands singular. But, I
agree that either "the" needs removed or "commands" should be "command">>

Page 201 - In first sentence first paragraph of 5.18.7.2 change
"described in SSC-5 or ADC-4" to  "described in SSC-5 and ADC-4"
<<kdbutt: I agree>>

Page 204 - In segment descriptor 19h row - "affects" should be "effects"
<<kdbutt: I agree>>

Page 280 - Vertical lines missing in table 142 byte 8.
<<kdbutt: I agree>>

Page 281 - In fourth paragraph "THIRD PARTY DEVICE ERROR FAILURE" should
be "THIRD PARTY DEVICE FAILURE"
<<kdbutt: I agree>>

Page 281 - In fourth paragraph first sentence change "then the copy
manager shall and device server shall establish" to "then the copy
manager and device server shall establish" or "then the copy manager
shall direct the device server to establish"
<<kdbutt: I think the correct text should be, "then the copy manager shall
direct the device server to establish">>

Page 281 - In paragraph 8 "tape mirror copy destination" should be "tape
stream mirroring copy destination"
<<kdbutt: I agree>>

Dennis