[T10] Some items to discuss for your stay in Boston area
mickey.felton at emc.com
Fri Sep 18 11:46:37 PDT 2015
Dear November T10 Guests:
Please remember to book your hotel in the next few weeks, the deadline is Oct 20th. Why you should stay in the host's meeting hotel guidelines are posted here for the new attendees: http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=d&f=09-341r0.pdf
ROOM RATE: $200.00/night (plus tax). Spouses are welcome no extra charge.
Room with included internet access
Mid Morning Coffee Break
--lunch is not included!
Welcome to Boston area! A few items for your arrival and stay at the hotel:
1. The hotel went thru a very extensive renovation this last year, ALL of the issues that were brought up last year have been addressed!
2. The hotel is very much interested in hearing your feedback while you stay so please let them know how they can make the stay better.
3. TE is once again hosting a dinner again this year on Wednesday @ 6pm.
4. I look forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!
5. Outside the hotel, food choices have changed a lot in the last 3 years, I've update the list below with the favorites, as always Yelp tells you the basics, but these below are the highly recommended restaurants by many people.
WEST OF HOTEL:
Sole Proprietor, 118 Highland Street, about 25 minute drive but VERY worth it!, RT 9 west for 12miles(take fork right), into Worcester, on right side.
Best Steak houses
Willys steakhouse, 2 grafton street, RT9 west towards Worcester about 6 miles, take RT 140 north about 3 miles, at the lights its on the left side.(20 min drive)
111 Steakhouse, 111 Shrewsbury street, Rt 9 west to Worcester, take left at fork to shrewsury street, down another 1 mile on left.(25 minute drive)
Best OLD SCHOOL Hot dog:
Coney island hot dog
158 Southbridge St
Worcester, MA 01608
Arturo's Ristorante, 50 East Main Street, Westborough, MA (Take Rt 9 west, to Rt 30 west, go 1 mile, on the right in mini-mall)
1160 W Boylston St, Worcester, MA 01606
Phone number (508) 853-0789
Best Burger (Cow or BISON!):
Teds Montana Grill, 400 Union Street, Westborough, MA (Take Rt 9 west, to Rt 30 west, go 1 mile, on the left deep in the plaza)
Best ridiculous oversize SUB:
Rigatta Deli, 3 Colonial Drive, (Take Rt 9 west, to Rt 30 west, go 1 mile, on the right deep in the plaza) Dunkin donuts is out front.
EAST OF HOTEL
There is only one area to go, which is Framingham/Natick Area, which is also the shopping district about 20 minutes EAST on RT 9.
Restaurants in this area that are better than the others:
On right side in order:
British Beer, awesome beef sandwiches, and apps..
Minado on right side, across from BIGGER NATICK mall, all you can SUSHI
On Left side in order
Ken's steakhouse (the original!)
John Harvards beer works (in strip mall, in way back)
Standard chain eats:
Olive Garden, Chinese, Fridays, Uno's, Tai, Subs, etc..
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the T10