[T10] T10 Document Number Assigned (T10/15-288r0)

Gerry Houlder gerry.houlder at seagate.com
Tue Nov 17 14:51:16 PST 2015

So my point is that those descriptions SHOULD NOT EXCLUDE describing the
states that are missing. This is just as much an issue for those commands
as it is for a sanitize operation. That would cover all the cases except
the crypto erase case with ZNR=1, which still seems to have some exception
cases to be described individually. I would suggest that those exception
cases should be defined in the Sanitize Operation clause of ZBC (again,
with a eye of keeping the messiest zoned device details within ZBC) and
SBC-4 should just reference ZBC to get the details of how the ZNR bit
affects zoned devices during sanitize operations.

I minor detail with your existing proposal is that you are trying to
reference a clause number in ZBC from text that will be in SBC-4. The best
you can do in this case is reference ZBC, not a specific clause. If you
really need to reference a specific ZBC clause, then the added text will
have to go into ZBC somehow.