[T10] Fwd: T10 Document Number Assigned (T10/15-288r0)

Gerry Houlder gerry.houlder at seagate.com
Tue Nov 17 14:21:27 PST 2015

I would like to suggest another approach.

The sanitize description in SBC-4 tried to avoid describing a complete,
state-by-state sanitize effect for ZBC devices by leveraging existing ZBC
behavior (e.g., "..perform the equivalent of ...") that we though already
described all the desired cases. It turns out that Joe believes there are
holes in these descriptions that make the end result unclear for some
initial states.

I would rather see a proposal that fills in the holes in the descriptions
of:

   1. the RESET WRITE POINTER command with the ALL bit set to one; and
   2. the FINISH ZONE command with the ALL bit set to one.

This keeps the messy ZBC related details contained with in ZBC, rather than
exporting more ZBC details to SBC-4. In addition, some unclear behavior for
the above commands with the ALL bit set to one will be clarified, which
would be a good thing even if a sanitize is not being performed.