[T10] ATA PASS-THROUGH(32) straw poll

Gerry Houlder gerry.houlder at seagate.com
Tue Nov 17 08:43:28 PST 2015

Just my opinion, but I don't see anything that is "SCSI friendly" about the
second choice.

   - The LBA bytes don't land within bytes 14-19, where the lower 6 bytes
   of LBA are for 32 byte commands.
   - The Count field doesn't land in bytes 28-31, where the 4 byte transfer
   length is for 32 byte commands.
   - Most  of the rest of the ATA fields don't have a SCSI equivalent.

Any "SCSI friendly" arrangement would seem to be completely arbitrary and
therefore not very helpful. This leads me to think that the third option
(ATA friendly) makes the most sense.