[T10] Bad news who thought they knew the BIND/UNBIND additional sense code assignments

Black, David david.black at emc.com
Sun Nov 1 05:45:32 PST 2015

Ralph,

It looks like we didn't catch up with the ASC value assignments to ZBC,
so all of the ASC value changes to get out of the way of ASC values that
have been assigned to ZBC are fine with me.  That leaves two other changes:

>       67/00 CONFIGURATION FAILURE
>      67h/0Ch -- COMMAND REJECTED
>      67h/0Eh -- EXPLICIT BIND NOT ALLOWED

67h/0Dh is missing - this gap was caused by another version of "overtaken
by events."  Earlier versions of the proposal allocated 67h/0Dh for
BIND FAILED, but BIND FAILED was removed when usage of deferred errors
was removed, so assigning 67h/0Dh (instead of 67h/0Eh) to
EXPLICIT BIND NOT ALLOWED would be appropriate to avoid creating a gap.

> --> 3Fh/1Ah -- SUBSIDIARY BINDING CHANGED
> bad  6B/00 STATE CHANGE HAS OCCURRED
> <-- 6Bh/03h -- SUBSIDIARY BINDING CHANGED

That's fine with me - in fact, 3Fh/1Ah looks like a better ASC value to
assign by comparison to 6Bh/03h.

Thanks,
--David