Question about SAS 12G coefficient's adjustment rules

Yupengfei (B) yu.yupengfei at hisilicon.com
Fri Mar 6 00:00:49 PST 2015

Attachment #1: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1503060_nameless-112-2-1.html">nameless-112-2-1.html</a>

Hi Harvey

OK, thanks, and I have one more question.

As far as I know, c1/ c2/ c3 is equalization coefficient of TX direction ,
used in 12G TX_Training and both c1 and c3 are zero or negative:

V_outn=(v_inn+1*c3)+ (v_inn*c2)+ (v_inn-1*c1)

So I want to ask, when we receive a decrement request of c3 or c1 in TTIU
during 12G TX_Training,  we should decrease its absolute value or increase
its absolute value?

For example, now our coefficient is :

c1=-0.2 ;    c2=0.7  ;	   c3=-0.1 ;

when we receive a decrement request of c1 , what’s the value of c1 now?

(we assume the decrement is 0.1 in one request.)

It’s

c1-0.1=-0.3;

or

     -(|c1|-0.1)=-0.1;

Which is correct?

Best Regards,

Pengfei Yu

Hi Pengfei,

SAS 12G Tx training does not have any such requirement. The transmitter
coefficients are free to be adjusted by the receiver in any way it wishes.
This includes an over all decrease in amplitude if it so desires.

Regards,

Harvey Newman

Avago Technologies

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 10:57 PM, Yupengfei (B)