ZBC: I introduced a bug in 15-113

Joe Breher Joe.Breher at hgst.com
Wed Jun 3 08:45:15 PDT 2015

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1506030_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I just realized that I introduced a bug in 15-113r4 as modified.
On page 9, I commented "All zone management operations to sequential write
preferred zones return successful completion". However, in the case where
there are no implicitly opened zones available to be closed (i.e., all open
zones are explicitly opened zones), the zone management operation will indeed
return a non-successful completion.
I will have suggested text to correct this later today.
Joe Breher
Storage Architecture Technologist
Standards Setting Organization
San Jose Research Center
HGST, a Western Digital company
(478) 2-Breher
(478) 227-3437
This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information of
HGST. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by
responding to this e-mail and then deleting it from your system.