Incorporation error for 14-275

Bill Martin-SSI bill.martin at ssi.samsung.com
Thu Jul 23 09:30:17 PDT 2015

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1507234_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

This was pointed out to me late yesterday by another person. When ZBC chose
this was not added to table 237 of SBC where currently B5h - BFh are
"reserved for this standard". Table E.15 of SPC seems to be out of date as
well related to the Block Device Characteristics Extension VPD page and the
Supported Block Lengths And Protection Types VPD page.	Additionally, is the
Zoned Block Device Characteristics VPD page only applicable to devices that
identify themselves as Host Managed Zoned Block device types? Do any of these
other three VPD pages apply to Host Managed Zoned Block device type devices?
This needs to be sorted out quickly as devices are being implemented using
this new page code. I propose that this VPD be at B7h.
Bill Martin
SSD I/O Standards
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
Cell (408) 499-1839