What is the correct response to an INQUIRY with EVPD sent to an invalid LUN?

Tim Jones tjmac at tolisgroup.com
Wed Jan 7 14:05:26 PST 2015

* Tim Jones <tjmac at tolisgroup.com>
*
As a software developer, I would expect Illegal Request, Invalid Field in CDB
in the instance that I attempted to ping a non-existant LUN and the device
server did implement the requested page or if the LUN existed, but the the
requested page didn't.
Tim
On Jan 7, 2015, at 2:52 PM, Chris Moore <Chris.Moore at Emulex.Com> wrote:
> * Chris Moore <Chris.Moore at Emulex.Com>
> *
> I hadn't thought about that option (Illegal Request, Invalid Field in CDB),
but it does seem like a good one.   SPC-5 does say that's the correct
response if the device server does not implement the requested page.  I think
I may go with that option unless someone comes up with a better one.
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org