SAM-5 definition of physical reconfiguration

Ballard, Curtis C (HP Storage) curtis.ballard at hp.com
Tue Jan 6 14:54:04 PST 2015

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1501066_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I’m not certain that just removing ‘physical’ solves the problem but I
do agree that reconfiguration of virtual SCSI target devices can and should
be able to cause this.	We have devices that are able to be software
reconfigured so that virtual ports are enabled/disabled and we consider that
to ‘virtually’ be a physical reconfiguration.

The last time I looked at this we concluded that it took something
significant like a port add/delete to justify changing a relative port
identifier and that an external change like a cable pull/plug or a SCSI
change like an ADI port enable/disable command shouldn’t cause a change.

Curtis Ballard

Hewlett Packard