[T10] 2 questions about OOBI time

Harvey Newman harvey.newman at avagotech.com
Wed Dec 2 09:11:19 PST 2015

Hi Jason,

You will find in SPL-3 revision 7 Table 70 that both RCDT and SNTT are
specified in terms of OOBI and therefore the tolerance applied to OOBI
applies to these two times.

Once transmission of the speed negotiation ALIGN primitives begin (as early
as 498.795 us), the detection is allowed following the protocol of the
speed negotiation sequence in SNW-1 and SNW-2. The amount of time the ALIGN
primitives are allowed to be transmitted is bound by SNTT as defined by the
tolerance based on OOBI.

In your posting that included pictures, you circled SNW-3 substep 3) of
step a) that states, "3) transmit OOB idle for the remainder of SNTT;".
This statement applies to SNW-3 after transmitting the 32 phy capabilities
bits in substep 2), the transmitter sends OOB idle for the remainder of the
SNTT. This is a different time period than the text of your question.

Please let me know if this answers all your questions.

Regards,
Harvey Newman
Avago Technologies

On Fri, Nov 27, 2015 at 7:27 PM, Guojian (F) <guojian111 at hisilicon.com>

> [...]