SAT-4 Translate Duration Limited Commands (T10/15-093r0)

James C Hatfield james.c.hatfield at seagate.com
Mon Apr 13 13:21:31 PDT 2015

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1504131_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Paul,
Please be careful with this proposed translation. It assumes that READ and
WRITE commands will ONLY be translated to NCQ commands. Your concern is a
special case.
This is not a valid assumption. READ and WRITE commands can be translated
to many other ATA commands.
Please revise your text to be conditional on translation to READ FPDMA
QUEUED and WRITE FPDMA QUEUED commands instead.
Thank You !!!
Jim Hatfield
Seagate Technology LLC
   e-mail:  James.C.Hatfield at seagate.com
   s-mail:  389 Disc Drive;  Longmont, CO 80503 USA
   voice:  720-684-2120
   fax....: 720-684-2711
   cell...: 720-771-8914