What to do with ModePageCode.CONTROL_MODE_PAGE of SCSI ModeSenseStage?

Knight, Frederick Frederick.Knight at netapp.com
Fri Apr 10 06:23:31 PDT 2015

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1504100_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

MODE PAGEs are optional.  So this could be viewed as a host bug (they do not
support compliant products), or as an additional requirement that VMware
places on a SCSI device above and beyond what the standard requires (several
hosts have those kinds of requirements).
You could always try implementing the CONTROL MODE PAGE with all zeros (in
bytes 2-11).  As for specifically which fields VMware cares about, and what
values they expect/require in those fields – you’ll have to have VMware
answer that part.
		Fred Knight