What to do with ModePageCode.CONTROL_MODE_PAGE of SCSI ModeSenseStage?

Felipe Gutierrez felipe at usto.re
Thu Apr 9 11:18:12 PDT 2015

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1504091_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Hi,
I am using a iSCSI target write in Java (jscsi.org). I can connect from
microsoft windows initiator and linux open-iscsi initiator. My problem is
when I try to connect from vmware. I can discovery my iqn, but when I try
to format the disk the target doesn't recognize the
message CONTROL_MODE_PAGE(0x0a, 0x00)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCSI_mode_page (0Ah/00h).
The target iscsi code is here
http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/org.jscsi/target/2.5.2/org/js
csi/target/connection/stage/fullfeature/ModeSenseStage.java?av=f#143
questions:
1 - Is there at vmware some parameter to disable the initiator send this
message?
2 - If answer 1 is no, is there a manual to help me develop a code to this
message?
Thanks,
Felipe