Updated 14-275r8

Bill Martin-SSI bill.martin at ssi.samsung.com
Wed Apr 8 10:16:31 PDT 2015

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1504081_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

David:
I felt the discussion on the call was whether we could get by with 5 bits or
required more. I am not sure that there is a difference between 8 bits and 16
bits since either require a new command. I am working with two customers to
provide justification for greater than 64 streams. I have a very specific
implementation that has shown little improvement with fewer than 100 streams
and a minimum of 128 streams would be very beneficial. This is based on
actual implementation of a prototype implementation.
Bill Martin
SSD I/O Standards
Samsung Semiconductor, Inc.
Cell (408) 499-1839