Does ZBC need a VPD page?

Gerry Houlder gerry.houlder at seagate.com
Mon Oct 6 12:26:59 PDT 2014

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1410062_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I don't think we neglected that possibility. Clause 4.2.1 of ZBC says that
"The entire capacity of a zoned block device is organized into a set of
contiguous, non-overlapping zones." This tell me that every LBA within the
capacity of the zoned block device is a member of one and only one zone.
Only LBAs greater than the last LBA on the device would fall outside that
definition. i think we already know what the response is for commands that
request an LBA beyond the capacity of the drive. However, it wouldn't hurt
to repeat it again for the REPORT ZONES command.