Does ZBC need a VPD page?

Joe Breher Joe.Breher at hgst.com
Mon Oct 6 12:12:23 PDT 2014

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1410061_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

In our rush to adopt 14-212, we also neglected to discuss the possibility
that the LBA in the ZONE START LBA field may not be a member of any zone.
Yes, a device may, by current proposals, have a disjoint zone map. At the
very least, this hastily-adopted proposal will need to be amended to define
handling for such an error condition.
Joe Breher
(478) 2-Breher
(478) 227-3437
This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information of
HGST. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by
responding to this e-mail and then deleting it from your system.