Obsoleting Log Page Thresholding work (14-249)

Gerry Houlder gerry.houlder at seagate.com
Thu Nov 13 06:57:40 PST 2014

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1411130_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Certainly the term "obsolete" has the meaning you want, in that someone can
continue to implement the function as it was defined in SPC-4. If your
existing implementation was considered in compliance with SPC-4 than it is
still good. If it was vendor specific even in SPC-4 terms, well ... you
aren't the only company that has a slight twist on standards that you
require your vendors to comply with if they want your business. You can
always do thing is a vendor specific way regardless.
Changing to vendor specific would eliminate the idea that an implementation
should be consistent with SPC-4. Some companies might object to that. It
would also eliminate the possibility that the fields could be reclaimed
some day (to reserved) and later defined to a different function. I presume
this is really what you want.