Whether "FIRST BURST" is not necessary for SAS?

Sanjay Goyal Sanjay.Goyal at pmcs.com
Mon Mar 10 12:56:58 PDT 2014

* Sanjay Goyal <Sanjay.Goyal at pmcs.com>
*
Hi Dajian,
First Burst - is unsolicited data i.e. it may be received right after CMD is
received. If IO size is bigger than First Burst size, it would be more
complex algorithm for both Initiator and Target to handle part of the data as
unsolicited and part as solicited data using XFER_RDYs.
In my opinion, for small set of drives for small size IO writes, this feature
would enable higher performance, otherwise in most topologies, CMD to
XFER_RDY delay does not affect the performance negatively and hence no one
seems to bother with this feature.
sanjayG