SPC-4 section 5.6 - late letter ballot comment.

Gerry Houlder gerry.houlder at seagate.com
Thu Mar 6 11:35:10 PST 2014

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1403062_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

I presume the peripheral device is required to keep the information
non-volatile. If the host system does something (like reformat the medium)
that should cause the identifying information to change, then the host
system is expected to send a new SET IDENTIFYING INFORMATION command to
cause the change. The host system may well want to continue using the same
device with the same volume label after the reformatting, but the
peripheral device can't know what the host system desires.
There certainly is no rule that certain events cause the identifying
information to return to some default pattern.