Inconsistency between MMC-4, MMC-5, and MMC-6 on READ (12) opcode

takeshi_kohda at post.pioneer.co.jp takeshi_kohda at post.pioneer.co.jp
Mon Mar 3 17:34:17 PST 2014

* <takeshi_kohda at post.pioneer.co.jp>
*
Hi,
I think opcode 28h is assigned for READ(10), and not for READ(12) from the
beginning of MMC-1.
SBC rev.8c section 6.1 Table 1 defines opcode for READ(12) as A8h.
MMC-1 rev.10a refers SBC standards and in section B.3 Table B.1 also defines
opcode for READ(12) as A8h.
Basically this definition is not changed through MMC history.
At least, MMC-4 rev05a draft also defines READ(12) as A8h in section 6.20.
If final release of MMC-4 defines 28h for READ(12), it should be a mistake.
best regards,
---
Takeshi Kohda

* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org