SCSI Behavior for I/O Rejected Because of QoS

Lee, Shuyu shuyu.lee at emc.com
Thu Jun 26 09:30:24 PDT 2014

* "Lee, Shuyu" <shuyu.lee at emc.com>
*
Dear T10-Stds Colleagues,
The VNX block team is working on Multi-Tenancy QoS support for VNX2. In this
context, IOs may be rejected because of QoS limits, but rejected I/Os should
be retried.  How should initiators be informed of these IO rejections?
David Black suggested using CHECK CONDITION (02h) with ABORTED COMMAND,
SYSTEM_RESOURCE_FAILURE, INSUFFICIENT RESOURCES (0Bh/55h/03h) and cautioned
that using a different SCSI status like BUSY or TASK SET FULL may have
undesirable side effects on some initiators.  He also suggested asking this
list for additional suggestions and input.
What would you suggest?
Best regards,
Shuyu Lee
EMC Corporation,	228 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 249-7610
shuyu.lee at emc.com
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org