Several ZBC proposals

Joe Breher Joe.Breher at hgst.com
Mon Jul 7 01:37:29 PDT 2014

* Joe Breher <Joe.Breher at hgst.com>
*
I have tendered several proposals for consideration under ZBC. I'd love to be
able to present these in today's call.
14-181R0	 2014/07/07	 ZBC Discussion: Active zones and host
managed pinning
- a view of the transitions between zone conditions, and a means for hosts to
control where latencies due to resource management are incurred
14-182R0	 2014/07/07	 ZBC: Read across sequential write required
zone boundary
14-183R0	 2014/07/07	 ZBC: Read unwritten sequential write
required zone
- two related optional behavioral changes with indications thereof
14-184R0	 2014/07/07	 ZBC: Disallow unaligned writes for host
aware devices
- why must we support unaligned accesses on conventional zones on host
managed zoned block devices? Just say no.
Thanks -
Joe Breher
(478) 2-Breher
(478) 227-3437
This e-mail may contain confidential or legally privileged information of
HGST. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by
responding to this e-mail and then deleting it from your system.
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org