SSC-5: CRC32C Polynomial for LBP Simplified

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 2 11:57:16 PDT 2014

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1407023_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Since the first iteration of this concept garnered attention of some who
don't normally attend the SSC Working Group, I wanted to notify those that
were present and commented when we last discussed this. In the September
2011 SSC Working Group meeting, the group reviewed a proposal from Oracle
related to the iSCSI CRC.
SSC-4: Add iSCSI CRC Logical Block Protection Method (11-220r1)
[Appleyard]
There were various suggestions given to Oracle about how to go about
covering all the areas that needed covering and to provide a complete
solution.  IBM was one of those claiming the proposal was incomplete and
needed to be made complete.  We have taken another look at the proposal
and have decided to work with Oracle to make this proposal complete within
the bounds of those scenarios where the application client does not need
to know what is actually recorded in the format on the medium.
I am hoping to discuss this in the July meeting for the purpose of rooting
out any glaring holes that people think might be present.
2014/07/02 12:36:46
Your request to upload a file or files to the T10 site has been accepted.
Your PDF file will be posted at:
Kevin D. Butt
SCSI Architect, Tape Firmware, T10 Standards
Data Protection & Retention
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com