T10 DIF1/2 Write Same Questions
tommy.tran at oakgatetech.com
Wed Apr 23 09:52:50 PDT 2014
* From the T10 Reflector (t10 at t10.org), posted by:
* Tommy Tran <tommy.tran at oakgatetech.com>
I need some clarification for Write Same in the following cases:
1. WRPROTECT = 1, 4, 5 for DIF1/DIF2
Item e in sbc3r36 page 204 does not specifically say if Guard is checked
against user data. Can it be assumed that Guard will be
checked based on table 108 that for WRPROTECT = 1, 4, 5?
2. WRPROTECT != 0 for DIF1/DIF2, data out buffer DIF = 0xFFFF FFFF FFFF FFFF
Is Guard check disabled when DIF tags in the data out buffer are 0xFFFF FFFF
FFFF FFFF (ie any data pattern can be used)?
Thank you for the help.
* For T10 Reflector information, send a message with
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org
More information about the T10