Logical Block Markup concerns from W3C addressed

Paul Suhler suhler at ieee.org
Tue Apr 1 08:59:29 PDT 2014

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1404012_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Ralph,
So these two proposals are markups to the previously-marked-up markup
proposals?  I’d recommend the following changes:
Table M.1 - Big endian Access Patterns LBMD format:  Change the Hyper Space
code point from 0Ch to 0Bh (i.e., the number of dimensions postulated by
string theory).
Table M.w2 - Little endian Access Patterns LBMD format:  Add a STRIKETHROUGH
bit.  This would be useful for device servers performing de-duplication,
which could avoid storing the logical blocks at all, which are obviously
pending deletion.
Table M.w3 - FONT field:  Add the following fonts:
Arial
Arial Black
Arial Narrow
Arial Rounded MT Bold
Arial Unicode
DIN Alternate
DIN Condensed
Superclarendon
Wingdings
Finally, could you please take an action item to add an informative annex to
SAM-5 listing all April Fool’s Day proposals?
Yours in all appropriate seriousness,
Paul
====================
The contents of this e-mail are my own opinions and do not reflect the views
of my past (Quantum) or future (HGST) employer.
On Apr 1, 2014, at 3:14 AM, Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org> wrote:
> * Ralph Weber <roweber at ieee.org>
> *
> Rumors about World Wide Web Consortium issues with the Logical Block
Markups proposal may be quelled by a newly posted proposal.

> T10:
> http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=d&f=14-105r0.pdf
>
> T13:

http://www.t13.org/documents/UploadedDocuments//docs2014/f14122r0-W3C_concern