Issue in description for Error code field (ERROR Response TTIU)

Rajneesh Kumar rajneesh.kumar at synopsys.com
Wed Sep 25 05:19:49 PDT 2013

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1309250_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Hi,
In below mentioned portion of "Table 66 - ERROR CODE field" (referred spl-3
revision 04, 24-July 2013), I have a finding:
Ø  If we consider description (a) of 1Ah Error code then there are valid
combinations (refer table 63) where none of coefficient request are set to
11b. Hence for any valid combination, false error will be reported.
I think description (b) is sufficient for this error code.
Code
Name
Description
1Ah
RESERVED COEFFICIENT REQUEST COMBINATION
One of the following occurs:
a) none of the coefficient requests are set 11b (i.e., reserved) (see table
62);
b) the combination of the coefficient 3 request, coefficient 2 request, and
coefficient 1 request is reserved (see table 63).
Please share your views on the same.
Regards,
Rajneesh