Discrepancy for NAA in "T10/BSR INCITS 513, Revision 36h, 13 July 2013, Information technology -SCSI Primary Commands - 4 (SPC-4)"

Dave Baldwin Dave.Baldwin at Emulex.Com
Wed Jul 24 12:15:15 PDT 2013

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1307244_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>
Attachment #1: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1307244_image001.gif">image001.gif</a>

The original X3T11 FC-PH spec has this wording:
19.3.1	D_NAA or S_NAA
Destination Network_Address_Authority (D_NAA) or Source  Network-
_Address_Authority  (S_NAA) field indicates the authority respon-
sible for the administration of the network address  (destination
or  source)  used.   The Network_Address_Authority indicators are
shown in table 41.
								   183
FC-PH REV 4.3, June 1, 1994
|		   Table 41 - NAA identifiers			|
This has probably been confused through the years due to this field being
called a Name_Identifier.
Defining NAA to use Network Address Authority seems to be the right thing to
do.
Dave
Dave Baldwin
3333 Susan Street
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
[Emulex]<http://www.emulex.com/&gt;
This message contains Emulex confidential information intended only for
specific recipients and is not to be forwarded to anyone else. If you have
received this message in error, please delete it immediately. Thank you.