Extended Copy REGISTER AND MOVE segment 15h

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 14 12:57:50 PST 2013

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1301140_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Fred,
Thank you for your response.  What threw me is that Table 216 ? PERSISTENT
RESERVE OUT service actions and valid parameters has a row for REGISTER
AND MOVE and lists under the TYPE column "valid".  After reading the text,
though, it is clear that the TYPE field is "ignored" not "valid".
Ralph,
If this isn't already a letter ballot comment against SPC-4 I would like
to add it.  That is, correct Table 216 ? PERSISTENT RESERVE OUT service
actions and valid parameters to show "ignored" for the TYPE field for a
service action of REGISTER AND MOVE.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
Data Protection & Retention
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/