12-402 feedback

Kevin D Butt kdbutt at us.ibm.com
Thu Nov 1 10:48:29 PDT 2012

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1211010_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Gerry,
IBM has reviewed proposal 12-402r0.  While the goal of being able to
report other errors seems good, we believe that it would better be
accomplished by using a different page for non-background errors (e.g.,
SCSI Foreground Media Errors log page) and leave the existing background
error page alone.  We believe it is important to be able to distinguish an
error between background and foreground operations.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
Data Protection & Retention
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com