SOP Device model

Joe Breher joe at lingua-data.com
Thu Apr 12 11:07:16 PDT 2012

Formatted message: <a href="http://www.t10.org/cgi-bin/ac.pl?t=r&f=r1204120_f.htm">HTML-formatted message</a>

Reference sop-r02d section 4.1.2.3
The grammar employed in describing Figure 9 is misleading - specifically, it
implies that there is a single SOP Port associated with any given SOP Device.
This is in clear disagreement with the multiplicity upon the UML diagram
itself, so I believe this is a mere grammatical issue.
The text currently reads:
If the SOP port in a SOP Device class is a SCSI initiator port, then the SOP
Device class is a SOP initiator device.
If the SOP port in a SOP Device class is a SCSI target port, then the SOP
Device class is a SOP target device.
I believe it should read something like:
If one or more SOP ports in a SOP Device class is a SCSI initiator port, then
the SOP Device class is a SOP initiator device.
If one or more SOP ports in a SOP Device class is a SCSI target port, then
the SOP Device class is a SOP target device.
In tracing this, I discover also that sam5r10 uses multiple forms of
capitalization for 'SCSI Target Port', 'SCSI target port', 'SCSI Initiator
Port', and 'SCSI initiator port'. I am left with the queasy feeling of being
unsure as to whether or not a 'SCSI Target Port' is the same thing as a 'SCSI
target port', and whether a 'SCSI Initiator Port' is the same thing as a
'SCSI initiator port'. Anyone care to speak to this?
Joe Breher
President,
lingua data (a dba of q music inc)
(478) 2-Breher