Safe shut down method

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Tue Sep 13 00:49:52 PDT 2011

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hello Michael and all,
I have question to you about following action item in meeting minutes;
Action Item 12.4: Members will send opinion about Safe shut down method by
Sep.
9
When host turn off the drive power that has a disc, host will have following
problems;
During power off,
1. User may change the disc in the drive by emergency eject mechanism.
At the power resume,
2. drive will report 2/04/01 Not Ready LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING
READY about 1 minutes length to be ready with the installed disc.
3. drive will report 6/28/00 Unit Attention NOT READY TO READY CHANGE, MEDIUM
MAY HAVE CHANGED and NewMedia Event.
If you have a good idea to deal with these problems, please let me know.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org