Binary multiple units (was Re: Posted: updated change history#2)

keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
Fri Sep 2 01:09:47 PDT 2011

* keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp
*
Hello Kevin and Joe,
Thank you for your comments.
I agree that it is good time to adopt T10 style numeric representation to
Fuji
spec.
I found "non line break space" and "wild card strings" to search digits more
than 3 of Framemaker. So I can find numeric representation and can add
thousand
separator without line break.
Fuji members, I made and posted modified Introduction section on ftp.
 ftp.avc-pioneer.com/Mtfuji_8/Proposal/Sep11/Introduction-t10Style.pdf
Please send your comment or opnion for this change.
Best regards,
Keiji Katata
PIONEER CORP.
Kevin D Butt <kdbutt at us.ibm.com> on 2011/08/26 04:22:10
$B08 at h(B: Joe Breher <joe at lingua-data.com>
cc:   keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp, mtfuji5 at avc-pioneer.com,
owner-t10 at t10.org, t10 at t10.org
$B7oL>(B: Re: Binary multiple units (was Re: Posted: updated change
history#2)
MMC-6 group.  Please refer to the T10 Style Guide (10-316r6) clause 3.5.2
Units
of measure
This clearly spells out the difference in terminology that should be used in
T10
standards for Decimal powers and Binary powers.
Thanks,
Kevin D. Butt
Data Protection & Retention
MS 6TYA, 9000 S. Rita Rd., Tucson, AZ 85744
Tel: 520-799-5280
Fax: 520-799-2723 (T/L:321)
Email address: kdbutt at us.ibm.com
http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/storage/