MMC-6 Amendment #1

John Lohmeyer lohmeyer at t10.org
Wed Nov 9 19:00:03 PST 2011

* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
*
Hi Katata-san,
The "Amendment #1" means it is the first amendment (and, hopefully, the last
amendment) to MMC-6.
If I understand you correctly, MMC-6 has an 8-bit Highest Slot Number field
while the latest Fuji spec only uses the lower 5 bits of this field. That
does not sound like a problem to me for devices with less than 32 slots.
Best regards,
John
At 11/9/2011 07:49 PM, keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp wrote:
>Thank you John,
>
>I transferred your email to Fuji reflector.
>
>I have a question and a comment.
>
>Question:
>The subject of your email has "Amendment #1".
>What is the meaning of the "#1"?
>Please let us know the estimated procedure of this MMC-6 amendment work.
>
>Comment:
>The latest Fuji specification still has 5 bits length of the Highest Slot
Number
>field. I think 5 bits length is included in 8 bits length. So it may not be
>problem. I'm not sure why MMC-3 expanded the field from 5 bits to 8 bits.
>
>Best regards,
>
>Keiji Katata
>PIONEER CORP.
>

>John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>@t10.org on 2011/11/10 08:43:41
>
>$BAw?.<T(B:	 owner-t10 at t10.org
>

>$B08 at h(B:  "keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp"
<keiji_katata at post.pioneer.co.jp>
>cc:	T10 Reflector <t10 at t10.org>
>$B7oL>(B:  MMC-6 Amendment #1

>* John Lohmeyer <lohmeyer at t10.org>
>*
>Hello Katata-san,
>
>The T10 Technical Committee is starting a project to prepare an amendment to
the
>MMC-6 standard (ANSI INCITS 468-2010). I thought it would be wise call your
>attention to this effort. The following documents may be of interest to the
Mt.

John Lohmeyer		       Email: lohmeyer at t10.org
LSI Corp.		       Voice: +1-719-533-7560
* 'info t10' (no quotes) in the message body to majordomo at t10.org